Molly Ries | Certified Nurse Midwife
I come from a big family, and some of my earliest childhood memories are of going with my mother to see her midwife for prenatal appointments. She would let me measure my mother’s belly and help to find the baby’s heartbeat; all very fascinating for a little girl. I think that the seeds of my career in midwifery were planted during those visits. I was a labor and delivery nurse for 8 years but wanted to be able to partner with women in their care during their entire pregnancy and throughout their lifespan. So it’s a great joy and privilege to have been able to fulfill my childhood dream of becoming a midwife. During my own pregnancies, I came to a new appreciation of the importance of receiving care from someone who is knowledgeable and compassionate, and I hope to be able to provide that type of care to my own patients.”
OBJECTIVE: My short-term goal is to serve adult women through the lifespan by providing excellent gynecologic, maternity and primary healthcare. My long-term goal is to practice as a family nurse practitioner as well, so that I may also offer full family care to women, men, and children.
EDUCATION: 2014-In Progress Bradley University Peoria, IL
Post-master’s Certificate – Family Nurse Practitioner
Projected completion date: December 2017
2010-2013 Frontier Nursing University Hyden, KY
Master of Science Degree in Nursing/Certification in Nurse-Midwifery
2003-2005 St. Francis Medical Center College of Nursing Peoria, IL Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
2000-2003 University of Dallas Irving, TX Bachelor of Arts Degree in History
EXPERIENCE: November 2014-current Reedsburg Area Medical Center Reedsburg, WI
- Independently manage the prenatal care, labor and birth of women with essentially healthy pregnancies.
- Directly collaborate with a team of family practice physicians to manage the labor and births of women with complications.
- Provide routine gynecologic, wellness, and primary care to women after menarche and beyond menopause
- Provide initial stabilization and wellness care for infants under 30 days old.
April 2016-current Frontier Nursing University Reedsburg, WI
Adjunct Clinical Faculty
- Provide direct clinical precepting to masters-prepared nurse-midwifery candidates in both the outpatient and inpatient settings in my own place of employment.
Feb. 2014-October 2014 New Moms of Green Bay Green Bay, WI
- Directly collaborated with a maternal-fetal medicine specialist to manage the prenatal care of women with complicated pregnancy: insulin dependent diabetes, hypertension, multiple gestations, etc.
- Independently managed the prenatal care, labor, and delivery of women with essentially healthy pregnancies.
- Directly collaborated with a team of obstetricians to manage the labor and births of women with complications
- First assisted with obstetric and gynecologic surgical procedures
- Provided routine gynecologic care to women between menarche and menopause
- Provided primary medical care to women with simple acute health problems.
Aug. 2009-Feb. 2014 Sauk Prairie Memorial Hospital Prairie du Sac, WI Staff RN, Level I Obstetrical Unit
May 2009-Jan. 2011 Birthcare Staffing Specialists, Inc. Oswego, IL
- Iroquois Memorial Hospital, Watseka, IL, Contract Staff RN, Level I L&D
- Hammond-Henry Hospital, Geneseo, IL, Contract Staff RN, Level I L&D Unit
Jun. 2008-Apr. 2009 Trinity Regional Health System Moline, IL
Maternal/Child Float RN; L&D, Postpartum, and Level II Nursery
Mar. 2009-Apr. 2009 American Mobile Network San Diego, CA
- Carle Foundation Hospital, Urbana, IL Contract Staff RN, Labor and Delivery, Postpartum, and Antepartum Units Level III perinatal center; teaching hospital affiliated with University of Illinois
Sept. 2008-Oct. 2008 Birthcare Staffing Specialists, Inc. Oswego, IL
Methodist Medical Center, Peoria, IL Contract Staff RN, Level II Labor & Delivery Unit; teaching hospital associated with the University of Illinois
Jun. 2008-Jul. 2008 Fidelity On-Call Peoria, IL
Perry Memorial Hospital, Princeton, IL, Contract Staff RN, Level I LDRP Unit
Aug. 2007-Jun. 2008 Cross Country TravCorp Boca Raton, FL
Carle Foundation Hospital, Urbana, IL Contract Staff RN: Labor and Delivery, Postpartum, and Antepartum Units, Level III perinatal center; teaching hospital affiliated with University of Illinois
Jun. 2005-Aug. 2007 Saint Francis Medical Center Peoria, IL Staff RN: Labor and Delivery Unit; Perinatal Transport RN Level III perinatal center; teaching hospital affiliated with University of Illinois
LICENSURE: Registered Nurse, WI Expires: 02/28/18
Certified Nurse-Midwife, WI Expires: 02/28/18
Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber Expires: 09/30/18
Drug Enforcement Administration Registration Expires: 04/30/20
CERTIFICATIONS:Certified Nurse-Midwife Expires: 12/31/18
Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics Expires: 03/03/2021
Basic Life Support Expires: 01/18/18
Neonatal Resuscitation Program Provider Expires: 11/28/18
Fertility Care Practitioner Expires: N/A
Certified FertilityCare Medical Consultant Expires: N/A
AFFILIATIONS: American College of Nurse-Midwives Expires: 07/01/2018
OTHER SKILLS: Spanish, advanced, spoken and written.
Certified Creighton Model Natural Family Planning instructor
- Natural childbirth
- Prenatal education
- Health promotion
- Natural fertility management
- Playing with my children